Forum » Off-Topic » Off-Topic Discussions » Jon Gruden I have no intention of coaching for now

Jon Gruden I have no intention of coaching for now

• Jon Gruden: 'I have no intention of coaching' for now Published: Dec 21, 2016 at 04:51 AM Just as Linus van Pelt spends hours awaiting the arrival of the Great Pumpkin every fall, those of us interested in the head coaching industry await the yearly appearance of our favorite, seemingly mythical winter creature: The Jon Gruden returning to head coaching rumor. The former and Bucs coach, who won Andre Iguodala Jersey a back in 2003, has been a sociated with the opening in Los Angeles via over the last few weeks. However, the ESPN announcer appeared on the network's show Wednesday to say he's happy where he is. "You know Mike, I love football. I've said that a million times," Gruden said, . "And I just want to say that I'm very happy doing what I'm doing. My full attention is on the Cowboys- game, Klay Thompson Jersey I cannot wait for our final Monday Night game. There's a lot of chips on the table. But right now, I have no intention of coaching. I really enjoy what I' Jordan Poole Jersey m doing and I feel like I'm really close to the fire. I'm getting plenty of satisfaction out of doing what I'm doing." While the Gruden comeback rumors often elicit eye rolls, an opening in the Los Angeles market carries a different weight than previous jobs. Like the gig a year ago, it is a premier franchise in a premier location; one of the most visible jobs in profe sional sports. If anything were to entice Gruden, couldn't it be the bright lights of Hollywood and the sheen of Nate Thurmond Jersey a soon-to-be-completed billion-dollar stadium? Apparently not. As NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo have both said in recent days, the smart money might be on someone like offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan or offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels for the job. Perhaps defensive coordinator Mike Smith would also come into play. The "headline" names a sociated with this job, like Gruden or or head coach Pete Carroll have all now publicly dismi sed any interest they might have in coaching the even if the roster seems to be set up for quick succe s. There is no doubt Los Angeles will want to hoist a big-name candidate at the end of this coaching search. But, according to Gruden, he will not be the one. This article has been reproduced in a new format and may be mi sing content Kevon Looney Jersey or contain faulty links. Please use the Contact Us link in our site footer to report an i sue.
    Click here Click here Click here
      February 25, 2024 8:52 PM PST