Forum » Off-Topic » Off-Topic Discussions » Mourners gather for funeral

Mourners gather for funeral

• Pictures showed mourners bending over Abdallah's casket, where they had laid red roses, to offer their condolences.
    geometry dash
      October 15, 2023 8:05 PM PDT
  • Mourners on Saturday congregated for the funeral of Issam Abdallah, in Khiam, in southern Lebanon, who was killed after Israel fired artillery into the area where he and other journalists were gathered on Friday.

The assault injured at least six others. The journalists were wearing press-labeled jackets at the time of the attack.

Images emerged of funeral attendees paying their respects while crouching over Abdallah's coffin, where people had placed red roses.

Condolences for his relatives and loved ones poured in.

On Friday, the United Nations' Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said his death "demonstrates the enormous risk of spillover of this conflict."

"I want to pay tribute to the journalists that so many, unfortunately, the largest number ever last year, so many journalists are paying with their lives," Guterres told reporters, according to Reuters.

"The work they do, to bring truth to everybody in the world and I present to their families my deepest condolences."

สระภาษาอังกฤษทั้งหมด
    สระผสมภาษาอังกฤษ
    สระ ผสม ใน ภาษา อังกฤษ
      October 14, 2023 7:17 AM PDT