Forum » General » Support » Jordan Spieth says golf hasnt entered new era yet

Jordan Spieth says golf hasnt entered new era yet

• Jordan Spieth set the PGA Tour ablaze this year by winning two major championships and the FedEx Cup at 22. But Spieth isn't ready to say golf has begun a new era.''I think it's a Juan Lagares Jersey bit soon,'' Spieth said,. ''For Rory (McIlroy), it's different because it's been consistent for years now. Jason (Day) and I, we've played solid golf the last few years. In order to create an era, you almost need a decade of years like this. Sure, we have the potential to do it. But this was the first year of it. But unle s we keep our heads down . . .unle s we're aware Wilmer Flores Jersey of it, and it drives us, and we get the right breaks, there's a lot of factors. So maybe it's a big premature to say that."MORE: |Spieth did say that he believes"there was a step needed in the right direction, and it took place this year. If we can ride with that, it will be significant.''The arrivalof this Tom Seaver Jersey purported new era comes at a perfect time. One of the game's biggest stars, 39-year- Asdrubal Cabrera Jersey old Tiger Woods, recently had his second back surgery in as many months.Woods struggled last season, posting just one top 10 finish, and may never be the same golfer who won 14 major championships.The game is in the hands of young stars such as Spieth, McIlroy, Day and Rickie Fowler. So far, they've looked tobe up to the task.''I Neil Walker Jersey believe we'll all battle it out,'' Spieth said. ''But to battle it out on the highest stages and to stay up in the ranking and all that . . .it can happen. But it's going to take more than just this year.''
      September 4, 2022 8:29 PM PDT