Forum » Off-Topic » Off-Topic Discussions » Transporting A Shipping Container

Transporting A Shipping Container

• To ensure a smooth and efficient transport, consider using a genset chassis https://pelicancontainers.com/product-catalog/undermount-genset from Pelicancontainers. These chassis are specifically designed to handle the demands of transporting shipping containers, offering stability and durability. A genset chassis can also be equipped with a generator set to power reefer containers, ensuring that your cargo stays at the required temperature during transit. Pelicancontainers offers a range of high-quality chassis with comprehensive support and customization options to fit your specific needs. This way, you can be confident that your container will be transported safely and efficiently.
      May 25, 2024 2:15 PM PDT
  • Check for any height restrictions or weight limits on roads and bridges. It's also a good idea to invest in a GPS system that tracks the container throughout its journey. This adds an extra layer of security and helps with logistics planning. And don't forget to have the necessary permits for oversized loads if required.
      May 25, 2024 1:43 PM PDT
  • One of the main things to consider is ensuring your container is properly secured to the chassis. You’ll need a reliable chassis that can handle the weight and dimensions of your container. It’s also important to check the condition of the container itself to avoid any issues during transport. Make sure it’s structurally sound and that all doors and seals are working properly.
      May 25, 2024 1:22 PM PDT
  • Hello everyone! I'm looking to transport a shipping container for the first time and want to make sure I do it right. What are the key factors to consider when transporting a container? I need advice on equipment, safety measures, and any potential challenges I might face. Any tips from those who have done this before would be greatly appreciated!
      May 25, 2024 1:02 PM PDT