Forum » General » News and Announcements » Pizza Business -

Pizza Business -

• Hello everyone,

This is my first post in what I have found to be an incredibly resourceful forum, I have been lurking for some time but finally decided to register and post myself, I am very excited to be part of this community.

First things first, I am Italian-born, living in London for 10+ years with a background in hospitality but currently working in the property management sector.

I have decided to change my career and start my own pizza business. I have always had an interest in entrepreneurship but never dive into it too much (lack of time, probably a lot of fear of failure...), I feel it is now the time to seriously considering starting my own business, doing something I truly love, which is cooking for other people.

My idea is to open a roman-style pizzeria, which is a different style of pizza normally found in London (round, Neapolitan style). This is extremely popular in Italy and normally served "by the slice" with most people eating on the go (perfect for lunch or an afternoon snack).

My first point of action would be to devise a comprehensive business plan but I am struggling to make a decision on what type of eatery I would like to have. I have narrowed it down to two options:

1) Restaurant-style pizzeria: 30-50 covers, table service, open for lunch and dinner. No takeaway. Average spend £25-£35 per person.
    2) Pizzeria "Al taglio" or pizza by the slice: Counter with ready made pizza, no table service but 10-15 seats for client to sit down. Can also be offered to take-away. Average spend £8 - £15 per person.

The type of service will affect the costs that I need to calculate, which in turn will affect my business plan.

I am stuck as to what to choose and I was wondering whether anyone can make any recommendations on a good method I can use to draw a conclusion?

Any help will be truly appreciated, thank you.
      June 12, 2024 12:20 PM PDT