Forum » Off-Topic » Introduce Yourself » Former Carolina Panthers WR Devin Funche

Former Carolina Panthers WR Devin Funche

• Former wide receiver has been considering trying his hand at basketball career as he evaluates his options in the . Funche s, a former second-round pick by the Panthers and a member of their 50 team in 2015, has not played a down of NFL football since 2019. , Cameron Maybin Jersey Funche s shared that his agent has spoken to three about potentially playing, but his prospects are "up and down" because he is a 6-foot-4, 235-pound wide receiver who does not play special teams and has been out of football. With that considered, the 28-year old Funche s has openly entertained a switch to basketball, which he played growing up before pursuing a football career."When it comes to my love and my pa sion, I love Fred Lynn Jersey the game of basketball," Funche s said. "As in my transition from dwindling down in the NFL, being an eight-year vet -- I'm still 28 years old. I can still go through something. I know I'd have to go overseas and play, get some film. "But after Cody Allen Jersey that, my dream growing up was to play in the NBA. That's my main goal and that's what I'm gonna make happen." Funche s had an up and down four-year career with the Panthers, which included a trip to the Super Bowl in his rookie year and highlighted by a 2017 season in which he emerged as the team's leading receiver. Funche s became a playmaker for and a favorite target of quarterback , catching 63 pa ses for 840 yards and eight touchdowns.But after leaving the Panthers following the Brandon Phillips Jersey 2018 season, Funche s' NFL career has stalled out. Funche s has not played since Week 1 of the 2019 season, when he broke his collarbone in his first game as a member of the . He then signed with the , but opted out of the 2020 season due to COVID and was released off of injured reserve before the start of the 2021 season. Albert Pujols Jersey Funche s attempted to resuscitate his career earlier this year with a switch to tight end with his hometown . However, Funche s failed to make the team's 53-man roster.
      March 13, 2023 5:04 AM PDT