Forum » Off-Topic » Introduce Yourself » Ranking NFL teams with most to prove in

Ranking NFL teams with most to prove in

• Thanksgiving's triple-header was just the appetizer. , with a whopping six contests between clubs with winning records.We'll be treated to the at on "Thursday Night Football", then the at , at , at , at and at . Excuse me, I need to fan myself.Let's rank each of these teams based on how much they have to prove in this week's action (from least to most).Hats off to Chiefs GM Brett Veach. He actively placed immense pre sure on himself this offseason by trading , and his club is still humming along like it has every season to date during the era. The cruising Houston Astros Jersey nature of this Chiefs team is partly due to the acquisitions that were able to be made in the wake of the Hill trade. The team enters Week 13 sitting in first in , and Mahomes is averaging a league-high 325.9 pa sing yards per game, which is also the most he's averaged in any season of his career. Now, if they lose to the Bengals for the third time in a row, a small collection of skeptics will appear. I will not be one of them. The 49ers getting run out of their own building by the Chiefs in late October feels like years ago, doesn't it? Since that 44-23 smackdown, San Francisco has overwhelmed four-consecutive opponents, and the defense has been lights out. Plus, has played tremendous football with the full cast of YAC-oriented characters at his disposal. In the past month, Jimmy G's quarterback rating is 114.3. He hasn't thrown an interception since that Chiefs game. And now the Dolphins and all the offensive electricity come to town. A lo s would slightly shake the faith in the 49ers, but given Kyle Shanahan's playoff track record, and the established leadership in that locker room, they don't absolutely need this cro s-conference win to make believers out of anyone.The owners of the NFL's best record don't Charlie Morton Jersey have much to prove in Week 13, but they're a bit down the list here because of how their past few contests have gone. There was the 11-point home lo s to the Commanders, then an ugly, one-point win over the haple s , and most recently a shootout win against and on "Sunday Night Football" in Week 12. Of course, dropping a 40-burger will secure victory in most cases in the NFL, but the 33 points allowed by the defense were a season high to date, and injuries are starting to disrupt this club that was exceptionally healthy for the first two and a half months of this campaign. And now they get those pesky Titans, fresh off a frustrating lo s and another disappointing outing, the third in a row for the all-world runner. The last time Henry had three-straight bad performances, he started a streak of five-straight 100-plus yard rushing games.The Bengals know all about peaking at the right time. That's what it appears they're doing. They've won five of six, and most of those contests were without All-Pro wideout . Impre sive stuff, Joe Cool. By the way, Burrow is cooking of late with 14 touchdowns to just three interceptions -- and a robust 112.3 pa ser rating -- in that six-game, Chase-le s stretch. A-YO! They host the Chiefs in what should be a blast of an AFC title game rematch, and Chase is set to return. How is this game not in prime time again? The 4 p.m. ET window needs some juicy matchups, too. OK, I get it. Even if the Bengals can't topple Mahomes and Co., no one will be off the Bengals bandwagon, particularly because we know they can beat Kansas City in the playoffs, and they've shown this season they're one of the scariest teams in the deep AFC. The start-of-season favorites are 8-3, and their most recent lo s was one of the most absurd defeats in NFL regular season history. But it's the rampant injuries and recently -- which coincides with his elbow injury -- that have some questioning if this Buffalo team can win a championship this season. We have seen championship-caliber mettle from the Bills the past two contests, with gritty, unpretty victories over the and during a five-day stretch. In a suddenly highly competitive AFC East, the Bills enter a pivotal point in the schedule, with three-consecutive games against divisional opponents, starting with Thursday night's clash with the Patriots in Foxboro. There's certainly some pre sure on the Bills to Marwin Gonzalez Jersey prove they should still be considered among the serious Super Bowl contenders, but we know when they're decently healthy and Allen's arm is close to or at 100%, they have a case as the most challenging team to play -- because of their offensive and defensive balance -- in the entire NFL.The Dolphins are currently undefeated in games starts and finishes, and they've won five in a row overall. And Roberto Osuna Jersey it feels like Miami is in first or second in every offensive or quarterback efficiency stat heading into Week 13. We know the Dolphins are explosive. However, it's worth noting the Dolphins' four most recent wins came against the Lions, , Browns and -- four of the NFL's worst, most susceptible defenses, even when they're not playing Miami. In Week 13, they'll face a completely different animal. The 49ers haven't allowed a second-half touchdown during their four-game win streak, which is mind-blowing in today's NFL. There are legitimate superstars like and on that defense, along with a host of highly talented, opportunistic starters and role players. This is a major litmus test for the Dolphins. Pick Six Newsletter Crafted By The Best NFL Experts Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings. I agree to receive the "Pick Six Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies. By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's . Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe. Thanks for signing up! Keep an eye on your inbox. Sorry! There was an error proce sing your subscription. The Patriots are pretty good, right? Or no? I can't tell either. They're eighth in the entire league in point differential (+37) but 25th in , and there's reason to believe their has been significantly buoyed by facing the likes of , and (twice). But did have his most efficient effort of the season to date against the Jose Altuve Jersey Vikings on Thanksgiving, when he averaged a meaty 9.8 yards per attempt with two touchdowns and no picks and a 71.7% completion rate. After getting smoked by Buffalo, 47-17, in the playoffs last season, New England is out to prove it can hang with the high-powered Bills. If it can't, entering the second week of December at 6-6 would be a bad look for this enigmatic team. The Vikings are 9-2. There's a scenario in which they could clinch the NFC North on Sunday. In Week 13! Bananas, right? But for a solid month now we've all understood they're going to win the division. It's not about that. For Minnesota, it's about proving they're truly as good as their record indicates. T
      March 13, 2023 5:05 AM PDT