Forum » Off-Topic » Introduce Yourself » Dolphins following AFC East rivals bluep

Dolphins following AFC East rivals bluep

• One of the most replicable blueprints to follow in order to win in the NFL is to surround a starting quarterback on their rookie contract with as much talent as po sible. The are doing that now with their guy , the fifth overall pick in the 2020 -- surrounding him with pa s-catchers like three-time First-Team All-Pro and , the sixth overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.The followed the blueprint in 2020 with , the seventh overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, by acquiring Pro Bowl wide receiver from the in exchange for four draft picks, including a first-round pick. The turnaround was immediate: The Bills went 13-3 and reached their first AFC Championship since the glory years in the 1990s. Diggs became the first player in the Era, since 1966, to lead the in receiving yards (1,535) in his first season with a new team as Allen finished as the MVP runner-up to quarterback .AllenWithout Diggs*With DiggsComp Pct56.3% (39th)69.2% (4th)Pa s YPG184.4 (35th)284.0 (6th)Pa s Yards/Att6.6 (37th)7.9 (5th)TD-INT30-21 (34th)37- Ryan O Hearn Jersey 10 (6th)Pa ser Rating78.2 (39th)107.2 (4th)The 7-3, AFC East-leading Miami Dolphins, who have already notched a win against the Bills, are finding that same type of succe s just past the midpoint of the 2022 season. Their offseason trade acquisition of wide receiver Tyreek Hill, a member of the 2010's All-Decade Team, from the in exchange for five draft picks has resulted in Hill leading the NFL in receptions (81) and receiving yards (1,148). He has found instant chemistry with Tagovailoa, who is putting up numbers that have him in contention for league MVP, and Hill's instant succe s with the Dolphins is borderline historic, considering he is on pace for 1,951 receiving yards, which would rank as the second-most in a season in NFL history behind Hall of Famer 1,964 in 2012.The threat Blaine Boyer Jersey of Hill has also opened up the field for second-year wideout Jaylen Waddle, who set the NFL rookie receptions record with 104, as his 878 receiving yards in 2022 rank as the fifth-most in the league and have him on pace for 1,492 yards. That would shatter his rookie year total of 1,015."It's fun, man. I feel like a guy like Jaylen Waddle doesn't get enough credit for what he truly does, kind of similar like me early on in my career," Hill on Nov. 11 when asked about his teammates' succe s this season. "So just to see him succeed and just to see guys like Tua Tagovailoa succeeding in this league and just the whole offensive line doing their thing, man, it makes me smile. I'm just happy to be able to witne s it all."First-year head coach Mike McDaniel realized he knew Hill joining the Dolphins was going to be "different" back in spring during the first weeks of organized team activities after watching him run a specific route."There was a particular route that I think we Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay, Matt LaFleur and McDaniel came up with in 2013 when McDaniel was Washington's wide receivers coach . ... that's a deeper outbreaking route that not all that many people can run because the timing of the play and to push it that deep, you don't always have protection for it," McDaniel on Nov. 9. "It kind of got steam, and we ran it the Cheslor Cuthbert Jersey most when we had (when McDaniel was an offensive a sistant from 2015-2016), who was unbelievable at the route. Then seeing Tyreek Hill in, I think it was probably OTA four, if my training camp install schedule is correct in my brain, when he Hill ran that. I just had a lot of deliberate reps at viewing that route ran at an exceptional speed, depth, intent, and it was like, 'Whoa.' I've been fortunate to be around in his prime, Julio Jones in his prime, , , leading the league in receiving. All these great, great players, and he Hill is different. We knew then in OTAs that, yeah, this is a different deal."Hill's presence has accelerated Tagovailoa's development with the third-year quarterback making the leap from putting up middle-of-the-road production in his first two seasons, 2020 and 2021, to playing like Dolphins Hall of Famer Dan Marino in Year 3 this season. The 2020 fifth overall draft pick currently leads the NFL in yards per pa s attempt (9.1) and pa ser rating (118.4) while sharing the league lead in touchdown-to-interception ratio with (6:1). The last time a Dolphins pa ser led the NFL in pa ser rating, the year was 1984 when Marino won NFL MVP while leading Miami to their most recent Super Bowl appearance.TagovailoaWithout HillWith HillComp Pct66.2% (17th)71.0% (2nd)Pa s YPG194.2 (30th)283.1 (5th)Pa s Yards/Att6.6 (27th)9 Jorge Soler Jersey .1 (1st)TD-INT27-15 (23rd)18-3 (T-1st)Pa ser Rating88.8 (24th)118.4 (1st)Tagovailoa deflected much of the credit for his breakout off of himself and back toward his head coach for utilizing Hill and Waddle in ways that has put him in the best position to thrive."I think Coach Mike McDaniel does a great job putting us in great situations offensively," Tagovailoa earlier in November. "He has a lot of, people would say window dre sing. He doesn't like that term, because it's just a part of our offense with the movement, shifting, motioning. It's a part of what we do. So, I think it's a lot of credit to what our head coach has done within installs and things like that to help put us in those situations. We can say that I go out there and throw, Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle and all these other guys catch and run. McDaniel continues to give other people praise, but he doesn't get as much praise as I think he should, and a lot of that is because of him."To be fair to the quarterback, a lot of credit deserves to be flowing his way for executing McDaniel's plays as the Dolphins are undefeated, 7-0, this season when Tagovailoa has played the entire game this season. Miami's offensive output when the third-year pa ser is present on the field -- 6.79 yards per play -- is equivalent to the third-best total by any team in a season during the Super Bowl era. Four of the five previous teams to move the ball down that field with that much succe s on a per-play basis were led by players who became that season's league MVP.TeamYards/PlayNFL MVP On Team?2000 6.98Yes2018 Homer Bailey Jersey Chiefs6.84Yes2011 6.69No2004 6.69Yes2016 Falcons6.69YesAfter shaking off the rust following his two-game absence due to a concu sion, Tagovailoa has shined, becoming the first player in NFL history with a pa ser rating of 135 or higher in three consecutive games with a minimum of 30 pa s attempts in each contest. His three games in a row with three or more pa sing touchdowns and no interceptions are tied for the sixth-longest such streak in NFL history.TagovailoaPa s YardsTD-INTPa ser RatingWeek 8 at DET3823-0138.7Week 9 at CHI3023-0135.7Week 10 vs CLE2853-0135.0"I think the thing that Coach Mike McDaniel has helped us offensively with is he's kind of tailored the offense towards what we do best," Tagovailoa said. "If you look on film, he tries to tailor it to what Tyreek runs the best, what Jaylen likes running, what I like throwing, what I'm good at throwing and thin
      March 13, 2023 5:52 PM PDT