Forum » Off-Topic » Introduce Yourself » Jim Irsay hints college coaches unknown

Jim Irsay hints college coaches unknown

• owner Jim Irsay went outside the box to replace Frank Reich this season, hiring Marwin Gonzalez Jersey Jeff Saturday as the interim head coach despite the latter having no experience at the college or NFL level. When the Colts begin their search for a permanent succe sor, they might go outside the box again. Previewing the offseason interview proce s, this week he's already considering college coaches and other "unknown coaches" for the job."I'm looking forward to the interview proce s," Irsay said Wednesday, per ProFootballTalk. "I think Jeff's a candidate, but there's a lot of great candidates Tyler Clippard Jersey out there. I think there's a lot of great candidates in college. I think the pool needs to be broadened somewhat. ... There's Jeff Bagwell Jersey some great college coaches that may be capable. There's some unknown coaches that may be capable." have had mixed results hiring head coaches from the college ranks, as evidenced by this year's struggles of Matt Rhule, who was fired by the in November, le s than three seasons after arriving from Baylor; and Kliff Kingsbury, whose future with the is in Justin Verlander Jersey question three years after resigning from USC. It's po sible Irsay's potential targets could include longtime Michigan coach and former coach Jim Harbaugh, who interviewed with the last offseason and spent four seasons with the Colts as a quarterback, from 1994-1997.Saturday, meanwhile, figures to receive an interview after his surprise introduction, which Irsay has repeatedly defended. The former standout offensive lineman has gone 1-3 since replacing Reich. But Irsay in particular has championed the ex-player's leadership, telling reporters upon introducing his interim hire that Saturday has the potential to keep the job permanently. "Obviously we think he is one of those candidates," Irsay said at the time. "This is for eight games J.R. Richard Jersey , hopefully more."
      March 13, 2023 6:45 PM PDT