Forum » General » News and Announcements » Psyonix VP of publishing Jeremy Dunham said that Rocket League

Psyonix VP of publishing Jeremy Dunham said that Rocket League

• 8 411225
    Hello, you used to write fantastic, but the last few posts have been kinda boring… I miss your tremendous writings. Past few posts are just a bit out of track! come on! deer fence gate
      December 26, 2020 7:14 AM PST
  • Laser League wants to be the next of these. While it has on line multiplayer, primarily based on Rocket League Credits the two play sessions I’ve had with it, it’s clean that its core problem is giving players the risk to compete with, humiliate, and finally mock humans sat within bellowing distance.

As a futuristic game, Laser League strikes a chord in my memory of Powerball from Gladiators combined with the dystopian deadliness of The Running Man. If you don’t recognise what Powerball is/changed into, here’s a video. (If you don’t recognize what The Running Man is, move lease it from your neighborhood Blockbuster).

Rocket League is a vastly popular game as-is, however Psyonix sees something even larger. As the game turns years old and amasses over 33 million registered players, Psyonix makes no bones approximately the game’s reputation as a “ardour assignment” and doing matters the way they need them to be accomplished, especially thinking about the game as a platform for the future and not a franchise.

When talking to GamesIndustry, Psyonix VP of publishing Jeremy Dunham said that Rocket League is a sport that “is still the identical recreation” even as it expands, meaning there’s no room for games like Rocket League Karts or Rocket League RPG to in addition water things down.

“We don’t want to take advantage of the brand. We want to Buy Rocket League Credits reward the players, that’s how we examine it. Our vantage point is if we are going to make a new recreation, then it needs to be a new recreation, we need it to be its very own factor that’s built on its own advantage and its personal expectations. It could have its very own team, its very own philosophies and it is going to be a separate factor,” Dunham states.
      November 12, 2020 7:13 PM PST